Friday, December 24, 2004

Holy FOG!

Ok so its like this... i wake up this morning and look out the window and i CANT EVEN SEE THE BALCONY RAILING!

YEESH! the fog enshrouding Lahore in its soulful depths really came into its own this morning. Bye bye PIA flight schedule.. talk about crazy. It really is.
i mean look at this..


Fog on Mian Mir Bridge, Lahore 24th Dec 2004 © Fariha Shah Posted by Hello

thats like the mian mir bridge in lahore. the fog was so thick you couldnt even see the hoarding properly.


Misty Lahori Streets, Lahore 24th Dec 2004 © Fariha Shah Posted by Hello

and thats the street connecting mall road to jail road. Please note.. no visibility beyond 20 feet..
I mean HOW DO PEOPLE LIVE HERE...
sigh sigh.. Its nice and cold though. i hope the sun comes out for a bit but thinks dont look very promising.. lets see what transpires.. Atleast Lahore has seasons :) spoken like a typical defensive Lahori there.. :) thats the statement i get every time my die-hard Karachi self lashes out.

My loyalty to Karachi has seen alot of tests these past few months. Lahore has rains, small transit times, easy shopping, more parking, ... but somehow the food stuff is still easier to come by in Karachi.. i miss the dossas.. dont get to see them here... im not much into formal dining. I'll take eating off the streets anyday over a restaurant... but i guess you win some you lose some.

My fingers feel frozen. Its getting colder by the minute. I dont know how much longer i can survive this weather.. my bones feel chilled. This inspite of socks shoes, sweater and a shawl. For me Hell would be very very cold.

I'll be off now..
cheerios
Princess of the GemWorld

*****************************************************
I dare to dream... so sue me.. :p
GemWorld

Copyright © Fars - FS 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it speaks to you... share back :)