Monday, June 21, 2004

Hades, Homer & the Iliad...

Im not feeling well... *sniffling with a whiny undertone.... uhuhuh.. *whine whine whine..

i want my mommy... my mommy loves me... uhuhuhuhuh *super whiny

i havnt seen Troy yet but Brad Pitt looks HOT!!

I read the Odyssey when i was 10.. it was one of the most amazing abridged versions of a book i've ever been through.. Ulysses and his crew literally go to hell and back fighting for a cause that didnt even make sense.. except that loyalties were sworn and promises had to be delivered on.. In the Odyssey, Helen and Troy are a distant memory... the post Troy travels of Ulysses and his crew towards a single minded objective - Get Home - are more fascinating then the whole Achilles Heel Phenonmenon.. and a bit reminiscent sometimes of me now..

i was never a big fan of watching Brad bite the dust anyhow.. so it goes without saying i wasnt very high on the whole Troy storyline anyhow..

But the Odyssey rocks.. to date.. My obsession with Greek Mytholygy started around the same time.. i read every single book on my cousins summer reading list that had remotely anything to do with those tempestuous Greeks.. Athena, Artemis, Aphrodite, Demeter.. yeah so i'm partial to the women. I left Hera out of that coz i didnt like her much....

The whole Persephone disaster made me look at pomengrates in a whole new light..

At the moment.. im not weeeeellll... boo hooo.. *bleary eyes watering.. sniff sniff snnnnniiiiiffffff...
OD'ing on Joshanda and wunning outta tisshue boxshes..
its a very sad state...

Have some Karachites over :) I was waiting for the Lahore Bashing to begin.. :) hehe.. but we were tremendously contained.. went to Cuckoos for dinner one night... The Badshahi mosque looks beeyooteeful.. at night with all the lighting.. will upload a picture so y'all can appreciate the glory of nightfall :)..

Lahore is a very nice city... yes yes i a turncoat lota person yes.. :) i like Lahore.. It rains here you know ;)... heheh. Karachites.. eat your hearts out..

My cloudy days are in abundance and i found out that the Garrison Golf Club restaurant makes Aaloo pakoras customized to your taste... so i now have a place.. relatively nice and clean where they charge you 25 bucks for turning on the split :) and they make good tea and very nice aaloo pakoras.. life set hai... bas ab mausam zara set ho jaey..

so thats my current dot on the map 'vous ĂȘtes ici' ... :) me and mum went to the Louvre in Paris in 2000.. i'd taken 1st level french.. so all the while ami kept asking me to translate stuff :) which who are we kidding i didnt really do too well... the one thing i did however, manage to translate, without any issues whatsoever was the above...
Thats what they write on the little dot on the museum map signifying where you're located at that precise location.. 'You are Here'... i remember that because 'ici' meant 'here'.. lol... so much for french... i can still however order coffee in french.. and that shall save me at the end of the day... :)

Take care guyz
miss you all..( thats just my sniffles talking)

Princess of the GemWorld

*****************************************************
I dare to dream... so sue me.. :p
GemWorld

Copyright © Fars - FS 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it speaks to you... share back :)