Monday, August 30, 2004

letters from home...

i just got an email from my best friend in Merry ol' England... my heart swelled with joy.. :)

It brought back a rush of .... freshly baked cookies... fresh from the oven.. you know how you feel when they first come out and the entire house just swells up with the aroma... thats my best friend in England :)

and she wrote ... *doing a dance of joy around office... people staring quizzically and shaking their heads in resignation and acknowledgement of my lunacy...

And then we had a freak rain storm :) i mean wow.. you HAVE to love this place.. like seriously :)..

My friend Umy just got back from his trip up high to Swat. I'm sure he's got wayyy nicer shots to share. For my end, i went and explored the last remaining historical site in Lahore, which i hadn't seen since my relocation... Shalimar Gardens.


Shalimar Gardens, Lahore, Aug © Fariha Shah 2004 Posted by Hello

The Gardens are pretty well maintained.. If you stick your feet into the fountains, the mossy bottom is wierdly slimy :) but the waters relatively clean... hopefully.. The gardens are structured on 3 levels.. the terraces stretch out with the fountains running amidst the centre and trees and green lawns lining both sides..


Step-by-Step Terraces, Shalimar Gardens, Aug © Fariha Shah 2004 Posted by Hello

And then of course theres the wild life :)


Happy Squirrel, Shalimar Gardens, Lahore, Aug © Fariha Shah 2004 Posted by Hello

Isn't he adorable :).. took me 17 shots before i finally got this one..

On a surprisingly rainy day, there was a crack in the sky...


Hope, Lahore, Aug © Fariha Shah 2004 Posted by Hello

And as the clouds cleared away, twilight rushed forward to put out the sun...


Every Cloud has a Golden Lining, Lahore, Aug © Fariha Shah 2004 Posted by Hello

It was like the clouds caught fire... softly...


Hues of Sunset, Lahore, Aug © Fariha Shah 2004 Posted by Hello

Rushing home, if i could have paused on the Cavalry Bridge, i could have gotten a sunsetty cloud formation worth remembering. Alas my fear of the lahori traffic induced me to take this shot in mid flight...


Cavalry Bridge Sunset, Lahore, Aug © Fariha Shah 2004 Posted by Hello

Followed by this one of the dark red horizon..


Cavalry Bridge Sunset 2, Lahore, Aug © Fariha Shah 2004 Posted by Hello

Last shot details the same rushed on Cavalry Bridge Sunset... damn those clouds were pretty.. wish i'd had more time to shoot .


Clouds on the Move, Lahore, Aug © Fariha Shah 2004 Posted by Hello

I've had an eventful, yet relatively uninspiring couple of weeks. Numbers numb my mind. And frankly thats all I've been dealing with these days. So its been pretty mind numbingly well... you know..

And im sure y'all were only too happy to be left alone so who cares anyway.. :)

I really need to wake up now though.. theres a whole world out there waiting to be explored.

I think i'm gonna learn to fly. :)

Take care sweetie pies..

Cheerios
Princess of the GemWorld
*****************************************************
I dare to dream... so sue me.. :p
GemWorld

Copyright آ© Fars - FS 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it speaks to you... share back :)