Saturday, September 25, 2004

The Alchemist

I CANT BELIEVE I HADNT READ THIS BOOK AS YET!

I cant believe Paulo Coelho thought of life as i do. :) yes. you may bang your head on the proverbial brick wall, but its true dammit.

Its as the Caravan Guide in the desert says to the Boy, "I dont live in the past or the future. I live in the present. Thats why i'm always happy. This moment is life."

In an online review the following was stated:
"As the alchemist himself says, when he appears to Santiago in the form of an old king "when you really want something to happen, the whole universe conspires so that your wish comes true". This is the core of the novel's philosophy and a motif that echoes behind Coelho's writing all through "The Alchemist". And isn't it true that the whole of humankind desperately wants to believe the old king when he says that the greatest lie in the world is that at some point we lose the ability to control our lives, and become the pawns of fate. Perhaps this is the secret of Coelho's success: that he tells people what they want to hear, or rather that he tells them that what they wish for but never thought possible could even be probable. "

Frankly the pawns of fate bit i'm ok with. I dont believe we have any control whatsoever on our destinies and fate. "maktub" : It is written. Whatever will be, will be. But this moment in time... this moment is life. Thats what i carried away with me. Thats what i held within me even before.

In any situation, human beings always look for reaffirmation of their own beliefs. I'm no different :)... the difference lies in the outcome.
Reaffirmation of my belief leads me to higher levels of happiness in my moment.

Where do your beliefs lead you?

Princess of the GemWorld


*****************************************************
I dare to dream... so sue me.. :p
GemWorld

Copyright ?© Fars - FS 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it speaks to you... share back :)