Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Word of the day..

I've decided the word of the day shall be.... scrumptious.

For some odd reason i have started having massive hunger pangs started at 11am. From then onwards its just a long drawn out waiting period til 1230 when the first signs of lunch start arriving on our company porch. 12:31- i'm in the cafeteria stuffing myself.

Now here's the catch. I am NOT alone. apparently i'm not the only one suffering through these pre-ramzan hunger pangs. I really dont know why its happening though. I have a feeling its got something to do with the winters, which in my humble opinion have certifiably arrived in Lahore. While my boss happily runs the air conditioner in his office, i rush in to power up my electric heater. Talk about extreme environments.

Just conversed with my other female colleague. She's recommended Diet Pepsi as a hunger buster. Said it fills up the stomach and makes you feel less inclined towards stuffing yourself. I have decided to hold off on that measure since we have mini pizzas and soup on the menu which i happen to like. I did however ask to have added perssure put on the lunch service to deliver before time.... *tummy growling in anticipation..

I'm glad ramzan is here. It should help temper my afternoon cravings. Can you imagine how tough its going to be in the beginning. I attribute it to breakfast. If you dont have breakfast, you dont feel hungry all day. The freaking breakfast just throws my entire system out of whack. sigh sigh sigh... ki karein..

I finally gave up and opened a bag of crisps.. bad fariha.. bad bad.. hehehe...

its now 12:50AM... AND OUR FOOD STILL ISNT HERE... WAHHHHHHHHHHH

finally got some food.. man i have no clue what i'm gonna do... sigh..

karachi calling .. the sea calls my soul.. sigh.. at one time i loved that about the city... the fact that it had an international airport that touched the whole world and the sea that left it open to new opportunities and horizons. I used to go to both places and stare fascinated at the planes and waves... i used to imagine where the people were going and what they'd be thinking.. what it would be like once they got there. when my cousins used to fly off after summer vacations, i used to curb my instincts to cry in a corner of nanas house by imagining each part of their journey.. when they land, when they get home.. right upto when they would call us to let us know they'd safely reached home..

The sea has been my savior.. in my saddest moments, my most confused conflicted moments, in my joyous moments.. i've turned to its peaceful continuity to bring balance to the force :) i've sung songs into the strong ocean breeze so no one else would hear me and be tortured by it.. i've stared for long hours at the soft comings & goings of the tide, eternal.. constant.. reliable. I will turn to it again soon to help me temper my temper :) Even though i'm generally speaking sublime, but sometimes my inner sanctum is violated by external forces resulting in an outlash of unprecedented rage.... otherwise i'm usually quite nice..

my cousins were amazing.. :) my khalas kids in specific.. every other summer we were all reunited at nanas house in phase 2 defence.. each year was a transition in life.. something new each time.. each year had its own music associations as well lol.. i remember '86 as being Bonjovi Slippery when Wet (Shot thru the heart, wanted dead or alive, livin on a prayer).. the cassette came with lyrics so ofcourse we had to record ourselves singing all the songs and play it back incessantly... it was also the year of Belinda Carlisle and Heaven is a place on earth... Give a little bit of heart n soul.. and lest i forget.. The Bangles... Walk like an egyptian.. Standing in the hall way... September girls.. a song i remember for obvious reasons..

Then came the era of NKOTB.. lol.. the right stuff.. i'll be lovin you 4ever.. even their entire christmas album.. posters, albums, magazines.. man it was crazy.. somewhere along the way was Debbie Gibson and Tiffany.. I think we're alone now.. i was just watching a E! True Hollywood story about them...lol...

Then there were my mamus kids.. They were into the Top of the Pops.. Rick Astley - when i fall in love.. china - china in your hands.. ma baker.. barbera streisand.. belinda carlisle - runaway horses, U2, cranberries... at different periods in their lives of course.. i remember there was this one top of the pops vhs which was practically rattofied by all of us.. There was this other VHS i once borrowed from a friend of mine which had songs like Justins Girl ( Which i LOVE), the caddy shack soundtrack song.. i cant remember the name.. but it was good... then there was the entire video collection of White snake on that tape.. that was my one and only exposure to their songs.. is this love that i'm feeling... there was the mannequin song.. Starship Nothings gonna stop us.. there was I've had the time of my life.. take my breath away, that was a great VHS , :)

There are my three MTV songs VHSs at home. Pretty bad recordings of songs on MTV between 92 to 95. Then my VCR stopped recording :) .. all my recordings were done in Chitral...where as you can guess i didnt have much going except sattelite TV. so my time was split between Bold n the Beautiful, Santa Barbera and MTV... it was a nice life.. during those days you had songs like Under the bridge - RHCP, Amy grant - Baby baby, i will remember you, friday im in love lol.. there were a bunch of songs there .. i cant even remember all of them.. man i'm old.. that was our time.. us ppl born in the swingin 70s .. i dont know whether to classify my self as the 80s generation or the 90s generation.. it gets confusing after a while.. i lived in both.,. my musical taste is still evolving.. every day im exposed to something new :) thanks to my funny friends :)

and now i have to go.. my tailor is here :)

cheerios
Princess of the GemWorld



*****************************************************
I dare to dream... so sue me.. :p
GemWorld

Copyright ?© Fars - FS 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it speaks to you... share back :)