Sunday, November 20, 2005

Cricket fever

I always knew I'd hate cricket eventually. As a single woman, its ok to like sports. Having your own TV in your room also helps you tolerate the occasional tendency of your loving dad to dabble in watching something as mundane as cricket 24/7 for as long as its broadcasted.

I have to give my mum credit though. She cured my dad of wasting time on frivolous pursuits such as watching television a long time back. I believe its a combination of nagging + yelling that does the trick. The most hardened male is known to collapse in the face of female perseverance. However my dad found a substitute in the form of the internet and computers. That's a phenomenon which my mum doesn't understand so well so she's still trying to find the weak link to make that obsession come crashing to the ground too.

now me.. I never wanted a TV in the marital bedroom. I figured out much earlier thanks to my innate intuition which I have in abundance by virtue of being female, that a TV placed in a contained geographical area, with no picture in picture or split screen features, was a recipe for disaster. It opens up the vistas for a usually democratic govt. to tailspin into a headlong fall towards an age old battle - the mastery of the Remote control.

it would be unethical of me to disclose the details regarding the outcome of the battle in this case, but lets just say the show must go on. Even if it involves throwing one of the participants out of the battle ground till further notice.

but men are slow and don't understand how the delicate balance of power can be visibly upset when presented with something as basic as "who gets to rule the TV screen". As for me, I'm happy as long as its me.

its a nice quiet Sunday and thanks to cricket I am unable to watch my most cherished channel. Channel E. I must have my daily dose of what's going on in the lives of the Hollywood elite. It makes me feel... Informed. :) heheh.. and well its fun. As a woman I love gossip and when I get it without any effort its even more fun :).

I think I'll go now and wrestle the remote away from my other half.. he's had enough cricket for the day..

Note to all: Don't EVER share the remote and where sports are concerned, make it a rule not to allow them to be viewed on anything but the Lounge TV.

cheerios.
Princess of the GemWorld


*****************************************************
I dare to dream... so sue me.. :p
GemWorld

Copyright © Fars - FS 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it speaks to you... share back :)