Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I cant believe they blocked blogger


I just cant believe this… my outrage at being blocked is mirrored by many others in the same situation.
 
There are several reasons behind my outrage.
 
Firstly I don’t think you can shut people up by blocking, house arresting, or lathi charging.
 
Secondly, the mob that put Lahore to fire in the first protest has in my estimation never even seen the cartoons. Online or otherwise. Even if they did 90% of them in my estimation wouldn’t understand english to the extent that they would be able to decipher the text. That mob wasn’t even religiously motivated since they ransacked general stores to steal household supplies and tried to rob banks on their merry route to freedom of expression against freedom of expression.
 
Thirdly, everyone who could have seen the toons online has in my estimation already seen them by now. So blocking entire servers because of one site is a too little too late and highly ridiculous response.
 
While its true that the uneducated, unenlightened, narrow human minds that exist in abundance don’t need any help going further down that route. However those that do retain some sense of "theres a whole big world out there" cant be expected to just sit back and swallow drivel shelled out by controlled media. They need to explore and learn and finally reach their own conclusions.
 
So heres a shout out to the echelons of power… let it be…
 
Princess of the GemWorld 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it speaks to you... share back :)