Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Reminiscences – Thank you GemWorld

I was going through my old blogs  and I got to Tuesday, March 16, 2004 (Blog... thy will be done... http://gemworld.blogspot.com/2004_03_01_archive.html) to the part where I am talking about how my nana taught me to ride a bike in Lahore

"Lahore was the place where i learnt to ride my bike... my nana taught me... he promised he'd hold on to the end of it and then let go.. i didnt even realize i was on my own till i'd already been around the lawn once."

And I suddenly saw a flash of abu teaching raiyna to ride a bike in our house 15 Cavalry Ground, Lahore. And my heart broke all over again. What am I doing?
I've been going through the archives on GemWorld for the past few days since Eid and been savoring the memories like a lovely hot samosa and a really good cup of tea

The golden cascade sunrise in DIK and the parathas and hot tea by the Indus
The summers with asi shaz n co, the dramatic role plays and peaky sneaky clubs
The spring of change and move to Lahore
The passion for Pakistan
The ramblings in general and my friends and cbm

Abu

2006. the last days

Me

My blog helped me preserve a lot of good memories, rich moments that I may have lost in the periphery of my existence if I hadn't written them down somewhere. It's a comforting thought that its preserved for me to revisit whenever I want to in life. I imagine when I am 60 or so (if I'm still in the land of the living, I may spend my days sitting on a porch with my laptop watching old movies and reading my blogs with a cup of hot tea & aaloo pakoras. I am also hoping against hope that I won't be fat & overweight and would be able to eat aaloo pakoras without overwhelming guilt.

Then I got reeeally nostalgic & decided to try to dig through my old harddrive. Some good stuff there. Found the Waffle directory – good ol Pegasus mail. Unfortunately… lol… couldn't read anything cause I was a serious security freak back then and I encrypted EVERYTHING. I mean EVERYTHING. The only directory I could read in notepad was the Jokes one. Lol… so I have all these memories… in gibberish thanks to my overzealous encryption and then I realized that I couldn't even remember the encryption keys because I used to receive messages and then resend them to myself encrypting them at that time so now no one would know the encryption keys except me. Also I think I had a different encryption key for each one of my friends. Oh lord. This is giving me a headache lol… rolling on floor laughing.

There was this one thing that I wrote once about stuff I liked.. starry skies, the seaside.. hot coffee on a cold winters day.. I wish I could read that again. Its somehow stuck in my head.

Yes yes. I am thoroughly, absolutely and forever more full of my self. Some things NEVER change J yee haw..

I went through every single folder.. I think.. couldn't find it in the English text. Wont recognize it in the gibberish.. or maybe it was in one of the folders in the B3025 account which is obviously long since dead and buried. Anyway, its probably time I wrote a new version to that one. I'm sure some things must have changed. Its weird though isn't it. How much we change when at every point in life it feels as if "this is it!". This is my life and the end all and be all of existence and then some how we dust ourselves off and take one step forward and another one and another one.. till nearly 10 years later you find yourself in a new time and place wondering how the devil you made it this far..

Anyway.. I have realized that I am carrying around a whole lot of trash on my portable hardrive that if I ever took the time to clear it I would have stupendous amounts of more space. I have each and everyone of my reports ever made in soft copy. Not to mention the 300 drafts of each along with all the images used inside each. Its unbelievable and somehow I know I will never, ever delete them. Darn. All those GBs.

And its so funny that as I come to this new place I realize that the men in my life never cursed around me. Mashallah. Or if they did I have blocked out those memories J but I recall that every time someone accidently does now and I think wow we were kept so respectfully mashallah. Pakistan has a lot to offer women J

Anyway.. its been a fun trip down memory lane… with many more trips to come.. inshallah..

Princess of the GemWorld 



********************************************************************************************

Fariha's Thoughts of the Day:
GoogleName: Fariha GemWorld