Saturday, March 20, 2004

Home Ground

Back on home ground... ahhhh Karachi... my city by the sea where the palm trees doth strivest to grow and yet die an early death at the hands of the wind velocity and apparently salinity in the air...
but Ahhh Karachi..

Thats my city... Home is here. Life... my computer... my cable... sigh..
All here.
Like i keep saying, transition not sunk in. Inshallah it wont sink in. Its easier that way.

I miss me sometimes. Miss me and the time i had to think of everything in the universe. There are some definitive advantages of being an only child. One of the greatest is that you develop a very unique view of the world untempered by any other opinions or influences. Its your and yours alone. Simply because thats all you have. But thats ok.

I remember vividly a beautiful day in Dera Ismail Khan, back in '89.. someone was leaving.. and it was before sunrise.. we were all assembled outside the house seeing them off.. and slowly the sunrise started happening. The first rays of the sun slowly seeped through the blue gray clouds, their golden glow slowly penetrating the gray gloom... the clouds cracked to let the initial burst of sunlight through.. until there were three chunks of golden sunlight pouring down from amidst the gray blue globs of clouds... it was like a golden cascade... it was beautiful.. and somehow reminded me of the british flag the way the three bursts were aligned against one another in the morning sky..

It was a beautiful day.. there were breakfasts by the Indus River... hot parathas and doodh patti... i have yet to have a more enjoyable breakfast anywhere... the sheer pleasure was on a whole different plane... i guess thats the difference between childhood and everything else.. the colors are brighter.. the memories the warmer.. and the food always tastes wayy more delicious in retrospect...

*** Har ghari badal rahi hai roop zindagi ... chaaoun hai kabhi.. kabhi hai dhoop zindagi
har pal yahan.... jee bhar jeeoo.. jo hai sama... kal ho na ho..


Watched the movie everytime my cable wala showed it... although in the beginning i was determined to boycott it since Shahrukh Khan dies in the end.. i'm kinda particular about how my heroes end up... the only reason i sat through Devdas was Aishwariyas wardrobe.. (worth every second :).. But i just get hooked onto to KHNH... just like one gets hooked onto DDLJ, KKHH, K3G(which to this day i insist should be 3KG... i guess that didnt weigh in too well with the nicknamers :).. so now i've watched KHNH like 8 or 10 times and bawled my eyes out each time.. its highly therapeutic... major stress release u know... crying like mad... IT IS I TELL YOU... sniff..

Anyway.. thats all folks... i dont feel like sharing today... so bugger off...

Princess of the GemWorld

*****************************************************
I dare to dream... so sue me.. :p
GemWorld

Copyright © Fars - FS 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it speaks to you... share back :)