Tuesday, March 23, 2004

....I still believe in fairies.....

…I think I always will..

I don’t shun reality. Some would disagree. But I don’t. I have nothing against it as long as it has nothing against me. Which is usually not the case.

But I don’t shun it. I don’t hide from it. I don’t run away from it.

I simple refuse to acknowledge it!

That’s not so bad now. What’s with reality’s overwhelming urge to be recognized anyway… egomaniacal little stuffed shirt!

I’m happy with my fairies. Their resident innocence.. The sense of eternal wonder they evoke.. The purity they represent…

I don’t believe in bad fairies… they’re like little angels puffed up with pixie dust and good intentions. Witches can be mean. Fairies..? No!

It’s just not done!

Makes you wonder doesn’t it. Makes you question the level of development of the human mind. Makes you weigh logic versus lunacy and leaves you lost. Because there IS no argument. There is no defense, no reasoning, no explanation that will weaken my stand on the glimmering borderline of the world of men and the kingdom of Oberon and Tatiana. The world of men doesn’t stand a chance against the sparkling glow of the fairy kingdom.

It would defy logic if it did. Now THAT would be a real problem :)

The defiance of logic isn’t taken lightly in this day and age. Logic is the new Red!… lol.. such a fashionista term there.. but it’s the truth.

The connoisseurs of fantasy and all things unreal are termed off-balance and ohmygod.. DREAMERS!.. Is it even possible for people to be audacious enough to indulge themselves in such frivolous pastimes in this day and age?… :)

Well.. to put it quite bluntly.. You bet your aquamarine(read “feerozi”) colored brilliantly sparkly little civic it is! (that car makes me ask the question WHY… more times then the ending of The Bridges of Madison county! … and that’s saying something!!)

The real problem I believe lies in the utter disbelief most realists express towards the entire notion of fantasy. To completely disregard the premise of the existence of a plane removed from reality is to deny the very idea of infinite possibility itself. In effect we move from a “what if” to a “definitely not” frame of reference in a nanosecond with no possibility of restoration.

Who wants to live like that? Without imagination.. without the freedom of thought that many would say separates us from Gods other creations.. without the unrelenting belief in the goodness and purity of mankind & beyond, all the while staring despair in the face… without the promise of true love… without the unceasing quest for perfection… without fairy dust and sparkles.. without the tiny hope that maybe the Faraway Tree and the Land of Goodies is not just a baseless fantasy for selling child fiction (go Enid!)…

I love my dragons and elves… I love my sprites and pixies… I love enchantments and magic… I love mother nature, her being the greatest magician of all.. I love finding stories in the canvas of the sky… I love looking for hidden messages in the glimmering depths of the stars… I love knowing that no matter how dull, dreary and terminally unbearable life may become, I will still have my enchanted kingdom to return to..

There are many who term this escapism… they call it cowardice and an inability to look life in the face.. they bemoan my future and relegate me to the long list of failures they believe will never amount to much since we have no direction.. no objective…. No long term plan :)

Hah.. I laugh in the face of long term planning…

We live in the atomic age.. we cant even predict a tomorrow.. well I mean no one can ever predict a tomorrow save for God Almighty himself… but now with total annihilation just a button away from the fingertips of really loony people, we cant really be expected to put faith in the continuity of life as we know it.

Who needs to?… the best laid plans of mice and men .. so on and so forth.. you know where this is going, don’t you!?

Sighhhh… the best defense is a really bizarre statement of _expression! Bewilder your opponent with stuff he just can’t comprehend and consider your battle won :) but make sure you fight on home ground. In the arena of logic, consider yourself slain before you have emitted a single frustrated sigh.

Our battlefield is removed from the ironies of reality.. far removed from the incessant drone of the routine and systemic destruction being borne down upon the recognized world. Us dreamers of the extraordinary, believe in the heartwarming magic spun by love, we believe in the healing powers of hot chocolate and the endorphins that can invade the human system at the first sight of a really breath taking sunset. We latch on to all those ephemeral frivolities that allow our lives to rise above the mundane.

Conversely it is this same train of thought that forces us to deny reality… to defy logic… to enforce a mindset as far removed from discipline as possible. It gives rise to chaos heretofore unheard of, and through this chaos the true expression of self is given birth and bursts forth in a brilliant flash of truth. But again truth as we know it is open to conjecture & those residing on Planet Reality will misconstrue it as they wish, to further validate their initial judgments regarding the dark, dreary and sadly misdirected future of the idealists.

But wait a minute… did someone say future?! What future?!

The best part of being relegated to the bottom of a long list of no-good, never-will-amount-to-anything failures is that you never have any expectations to live up to. Apart from your own which of course extend beyond the realms of the seven skies. Somehow disappointing oneself is a whole lot more bearable then extending the circle to include the self-righteous rabble surrounding one.

Regardless, the dreaming continues… the wishes continue to spew forth in gay abandon… the stars never cease to glimmer in the velvety darkness of the night sky… and neither does the hope that all that we can imagine.. all that can possibly be dreamt up whether of this reality or beyond.. all that we believe will complete us… is capable of crossing over the great divide between the world of man and the realm of the whimsical.

…. And I still believe in fairies….

Fariha
4th feb 2003

Princess of the GemWorld

*****************************************************
I dare to dream... so sue me.. :p
GemWorld

Copyright © Fars - FS 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it speaks to you... share back :)