Friday, May 19, 2006

of cabbages & kings

no i dont know why thats the subject line..
 
i have had various interesting discussions today... life is interesting..
 
im in lahore. the hub of stagnant air, and good food. my familys in khi. i miss my mother.. i miss lahore too when im not around..
 
after being unceremoniously kicked out of my prior office space, i have now taken residence in borrowed space and am waiting for someone to kick me out of there as well.
i like cabbages. its suddenly turned in to one of my favorite vegetables. i dont know why
 
we went to the minigolf yesterday night. it was strawberry juice, aaloo kachoris, chai & good company. its the best combination. Also since the aandhi & toofan the night was ok and not blistering hot, so i actually had a decent happy time. you cant do this in Khi. you'd end up sweating buckets and buckets. so thats not fun.
 
i like typing on my laptop keyboard. its soft. and quietly clicky. not overt like the larger keyboards. keyboards can also be a cause of inpiration. if you dont like typing on one you wont be able to write.
 
i think i'm developing allergies. sometimes i feel like i cant breathe. its a funny feeling. i think its because im not exercising and need to seriously take some action. seriously. no i really mean it. i had trouble sleeping yesterday night because i think i had pent up energy and i basically am dormant at my desk all freaking day long. i read this article the other day about something thrombosis. basically it means that sedentary work situations lead to the development of clots in the blood which leads to.. well six feet under to put it succintly.
 
how am i supposed to deal with all these varied symptoms and causes. its a scary proposition. but i really like my laptops keyboard.. mashallah.. mashallah...
 
i like my work. i like my workplace. i like the people. i like my home and the people there. i dont know what Allah Mian has in store for the future. But mashallah right now i feel safe and protected both at home and work. its a blessing knowing good people. its a blessing i will never forget to thank Allah Mian for.
 
I miss abu. today is a friday. he always called on fridays... "assalamalaikum beta.. kya plans hain.. aa rahey ho?".. and i always used to say "jee abu.. raat ko".. "acha acha.. chalo we'll see you tomorrow"..
he never missed a call.. sometimes he used to call a day early on thursday just to be on the safe side..
does it ever stop hurting.. i guess not... sigh...
 
i still have no fluidity in my life. im still rattling back and forth between punjab and sindh. and im doing it by choice.. it helps me not think. its distracting and slightly tiring and both those things are acceptable as long as i can sleep at night. i am still waiting for life to start making sense again.. when i lived in khi earlier.. there was no formula.. but now i need to be more organized.. the whole balance exercise will well and truly be required now. and i frankly and too disorganized on a personal level to achieve it currently. working from home has translated to checking my email 24/7 365.. i dont think thats the right approach either.. but somehow it helps me keep a semblance of control. when the work gets done, its like closing a chapter.. i guess im looking for closure in some form or the other...
 
but i like punjab... :) and sindh :) i love life.. i love food.. i love good people .. i love my friends.. i love my family.. i love people who care about the humanity of other vs their tag value.. i love Allah mian.. and Allah mian loves me... i cant ask for much else..
i hope he keeps my family and my friends safe and in his keeping.. inshallah life will always be a bubbling stream and not raging oceans..
 
Princess of the GemWorld


********************************************************************************************
Fariha's Thoughts of the Day:
Outside Pakistan just type http://gemworld.blogspot.com


Ring'em or ping'em. Make PC-to-phone calls as low as 1¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it speaks to you... share back :)