Saturday, January 24, 2004

brrrrrr.... damn!

Yeah... so its like they say... don't complain about God's weather forecast... coz he just might decide to oblige you... brrrr... *shivering, huddled in front of the LCD screen...

My frozen fingers move slowly across the keyboard painfully pounding out each alphabet... seriously i mean.. look at me!... tshirt, sweatshirt, woolen tracks, socks, and a razai... and i'm STILL freezing... Pity the people who are at the moment surrounded by snow... yeesh... I think going to hell will be relatively easy as long as its not cold.. or maybe sooo cold that you just fall asleep thanks to hypothermia...
reminds me of the "Is hell endothermic or exothermic" email.. :) its an old favorite of mine..

i think i'm hungry but im not sure.. i think its the cold talking rather than my tummy..
all the phones in my house are engaged.. i think my family talks too much :) ... its really funny.. i use the phone the least, and at the end of each month my dad still makes it a point to come to me and tell me the phone bill for the landline... to which my standard response is, was that the bill for my line.. to which his standard response is, i havent gotten the bill for that yet ... :)

That new indian movie "Rules" is playing in the background... its got a few nice songs.. and a few good rules ;) ... who gives anyhow... Lifes not lived by rules anyhow... its lived with passion and faith... thats it.

I was talking to a very nice gentleman yesterday... a seasoned journalist.. my greatest source of respect for him arises from the fact that inspite of the temptations of a corporate 9 to 5 semi-secure employment, he stuck to his guns and followed his dreams of writing for a living... i hope one day he completely loses his fear of standing by his written word. :) Honesty is a precious commodity in todays overly superficial world... it should be protected with something akin to the endangered species act...

I always wondered how people define "success" & "successful".. the definitions of "ambition", "drive" & "high flyer" always seem to escape me... especially since my definition of "success" is centered around a 3-syllable word... "Happiness"...
If you're happy in 80% of your living breathing moments, you're a success and let no man(woman, child, dog.. etc. ) tell you otherwise...

:) Ever since Siraj bhai told me i had the fame line on my palm... which is something he also told 5 other people i know... i realized that "fame" is a highly relative term... it depends on how your own mind interprets it... because simply put, the lines on your palm are representative of your own individual state of mind and not on any divine plan chalked out by Allah Almighty... Its a map of how YOU see your life proceeding, how YOU plan to live it, what YOU anticipate... and because of that the map on your palm lends it self to future interpretation since what you plan today will impact your tomorrow..

But see.. the lines dont factor in God :) and Allah Mians immense sense of humor.. Hence the expression "The best laid plans of Mice and Men"... He simply smiles and slowly whirls the circumstances of the best planned life into a colorful kleidescope which doesnt look anything like the nice symmetrical representation of the original blueprint. Planning seems like such a futile exercise dont you think :)...
Thats why i try not to plan anything too long term on the personal front.. Theres no point... Life is like being suspended like a pendulum in gale force winds.. Its up to the Almighty to decide which way to swing us... I just pray no matter which direction i am sent in next, I am happy and content.... Nothing too ambitious... but its a hell of a lot of work...

Suns out... it seems like its baking the balcony but my room still remains as cool as a cucumber... The power of the Shadow is incredible isnt it... It has the power to protect you from the wrath of the raging sun ... something as simple and innocuous as a shadow... boggles the mind..

The word "boggles" makes me think of "muggles" which makes me think of Harry Potter... i wish the next book would come.. and i wish to God she still remembers that shes writing a CHILDREN's BOOK... i hate having people dying and emotions riding high.. sheesh... Jeffery Archer puts one through less of an emotional roller coaster than JK Rowling these days...

ok :) time to wake up and brave the elements... no one got anywhere by sitting in a razai... I think * quizzical expression... must research that.. If i find something there, it could be a gold mine ;)

Cheers y'all

Princess of the GemWorld

*****************************************************
I dare to dream... so sue me.. :p
GemWorld

Copyright © Fars - FS 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it speaks to you... share back :)