Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Shopping!! Rainy Days & Blue Moods

Hallelujah me lovelies... and here i am once again.. back from the land of SHOPPING and DISCOUNTS.. namely the Dubai Shopping Festival. Talk about cool :)

It was nice.. the first day we spent working. Atleast in the first half... ahem the second half i'll refrain from elaborating ... hehehe... i have proof people would pay good money to destroy... took some very nice shots... lets just say it was a very rhythmic evening ;)... and i mean Rhythm in every sense of the word ... The Dhow cruise was fun... good food... good company... good ... well... rhythm :) ... ahem.. Food, Drink & Music... thats the life! ... Dont go getting any ideas from the photographic proof now :) it was all quite innocent ;)

Any who... the next 2 days were spent in leisure.. i hit the city centre with a vengeance.. spent a very highly productive 4 hours in watching the final chapter of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. That movie ROCKS... i was in an emotionally wrougth state throughout... practically bawling like a baby from start to finish.. the whole man triumphing over nature and really bad ass evil was a very emotionally charged experience... my favorite scene was the grand scale lighting of the beacons of Gondor for Rohans help.... oooooof.... Unbelievable..!!..
salt water rolled freely down my cheeks as i wept in joy at the unity of man and brotherhood triumphing over years of bad blood..
and thats when it hit me... they were all from a fictional time and place.. makes you think dont it... hell!.. fiction is better then reality any day of the week... MUST WATCH movie..

My must-do checklist didnt see too much of a deviation. I had my Starbucks Caramel Machiato ... twice... Had the Cinnabon Applebon... too huge to finish even during the 4 hour epic.. and my standard Burger King Junior Whopper.. hold the onions..
After that checklist was fulfilled... i found my self at a bit of a loss as to what to do next, so i went off to wait by the Ikea fountain for my friends to pick me up. In the meanwhile i managed to have my Blood Sugar and pressure checked by the doctors from GSK sitting there... 103 & 110/70... exceedingly normal.. also had my eye sight checked... -0.25 on the left and -0.75 or so on the right... Long distance vision slightly impaired.. the guy asked if i had headaches.. i said no.. so he said in that case you dont need glasses...

Then my friends picked me up and we headed to the global village.. :) its alot of fun.... reminded me of the Disney World Epcot Centre and the different country stalls... Pakistan was cool.. had a Nirala Sweets and a TCS :)... Saw some nice stalls... the Egyptian one had really nice pickles, olives and cheeses... the Italian one.. was *swoon... filled with... ahem... Gladiators (in reeeeaally short skirts) and Masquerade Masks... which were bee-yoo-tee-ful..

We walked alot ... and finally the crowning glory of the evening was a Hardees Five Star Burger... which and i'm actually daring to say this... beats the BK Whopper Hollow.... yummmmmy....

:) as you can see... the whole trip was very highly food centric... Didnt do so much shopping. Exercised massive amounts of self control. I surprise myself sometimes...

Came home and died.. the immigration line had 8 flights converge on it on our arrival.. took us two hours just to make it out alive.... the scene was something akin to the Stick Figure Death Theatre ... so you can well imagine.... more than 200 people who'd been up randomly for more than 24 hours... arriving at 4am in the morning and standing in a line that literally "CRAWLED" for 2 hours... need i say more .... *shivers run down spine... its not an experience i'd wish on my relatively second worst enemy.

ok dearies... this blogs been along time coming... i'm signing off and going to work... cant think straight... my minds all mush...
cheerios

Princess of the GemWorld

*****************************************************
I dare to dream... so sue me.. :p
GemWorld

Copyright © Fars - FS 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it speaks to you... share back :)