Wednesday, April 07, 2004

yeah yeah i missed you too .....

Comment #10:
hey hey hey :)
i cant access the internet for 7 days and all hell breaks lose..
i miss you guyz alot too.. miss the life i had lol... miss the life i cudve had.. i should write this in the blog :)
take care all of you

*****************************************************
:) Good morning people... i blame my lack of attention to my dearly beloved blog due to a slow internet connection and 14 hour workdays...

Somehow, and i qoute my dad alot in this context.... Work expands to fill the time. So no matter what you do, you will always use atleast 3 hours above the quota you alotted your self..

Yahan ka khana waisey aapas ki baat hai, buht zabardast hota hai. Although i went to the famous Freddy's during my orientation for a lunch and im pretty sure i ordered the one thing that didnt quite seem palatable. Damned if i could remember it. Went to Uno's Chicago Grill the other day.. the lemon chicken was pretty ok, though a bit on the dry side, considering i finished off the sauce it came with when i ate my french fries. As always i couldnt attack my main meal til i'd finished all my fries... i dont know when that will stop.

I'd had the lemon chicken in Zanzibar as well in Multan. That was niiiiice.. although over fried.. but extremely lemony... very extremely lemony.. kinda like a burst of spiked 7Up... with extra lime... :) good though...

Then there was the very nice Aylanto lunch my agency in Karachi treated me to when they were trying to be nice to me ... lol :) the next day they immediately tried to strategically balance the scale by ordering in Subway and bringing any notions of heigtened expectations crashing down to earth :) (Ali, if you read this... i mean every word :))

The best lunch i've had so far was TODAY.. :) with my two freaky friends from my lovely freaky city of Karachi... we met up for exactly 30 minutes at Pizza Hut and stuffed ourselves with thin crust pizza mushrooms wings and loads of hyper-speed conversation... i forget how much i can talk until i'm around the people i can talk so much in front of. I love my freaky funny little friends.. :)

sighhhhh.... and they'll be going back to my freaky lovely city by the 23rd.... OHHHH GOOOOODDDDD... what have i done!

:) Anyway.. otherwise Lahore is a great place to be for the next few months... Its hot as Hades.. you step outside and you'll be burned to dehydrated crisp.. BUT... not a DROP of prespiration. I mean its incredible.. you could be cooked to the bone without a single drop of moisture appearing anywhere on your person..

I got a personal printer. I mean we had a network printer and then they gave me my own coz the network one always used to be acting up. Now my only form of exercise is finito :) atleast that ridiculous peice of machinery made me leave my desk atleast 17 times a day. Now i will well and truly become a.... humanoid. Connected at one end to the IBM Docking terminal and at the other to a cellular phone.

Makes you wonder regarding the true meaning of life doesnt it? i'm pretty sure this wasnt it... hmm... all in good time...

i read the comments on my last blog.. i was extremely pleasantly surprised :)... like i KNOW Yasin misses me. He has no one to talk to on the other side of the glass partition at work anymore.. actually i think he does but its not quite the same.. i miss him too..
Mary misses me coz she misses my blogs :) besidz as family she'd better me missing me..
':)' misses me coz she doesnt know any other way to think about me... considering we've never met, i guess its been a perpetual missfest for both of us..
The rest of my fwiendsies miss me :) and it was nice to know that....

Theres an organization here called 'TEDDS: Trust for the Education of Deserving xx Students'. They started off really small and right now have two fully functional schools which are educating about 800 students. The idea was kicked off by a gentleman who apparently started off in less than affordable circumstances and was helped through out his life in his education by one benefactor or another.. He ended up going to LUMS and founded this project in the process..
Last year 2 students from this project got into the LUMS student scholarship program which goes to show that quality is being produced. It costs Rs. 12000/- to put one child through one school year... Checks can be made out to TEDDS... i gave in a bit... if anyone's interested, lemme know...


Sigh... i just need to unwind now.. aaaahhh.. i'm really wound up tight ...
yeah yeah .. i know i didnt say anything worth reading... i cant always be a fountain of wisdom you know..

catch you again... later

Princess of the GemWorld
*****************************************************
I dare to dream... so sue me.. :p
GemWorld

Copyright © Fars - FS 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it speaks to you... share back :)