Sunday, December 27, 2015

Hob nobbing in a gulshan

The title for this post is related directly to where i went to scrounge around for food yesterday.

The morning was sublime. It was quiet. The white noise of TV in the background. The freshly toasted toast with dhaniyay ki chutney and butter... a piping hot cup of tea. Dip dip.. yum yum..

I'm a tea dipper. I dip EVERYTHING in my tea. I believe that is the sole purpose of tea... to be dipped in by a myriad of foreign edible substances. :)

Then me and Sabir went off to khadda mkt to basarat. Then to phase 2 dha mkt to find hob nob patties. I got some lemon tarts for old times sake since uzmchi and mano were coming. We are the lemon tart crew :)

I suddenly remembered the gulshan kay samosas and decided to hop down and see the wares in the sweet shop. It was so sweeeeet :)
So i got big aaloo samosas.. small qeema and chicken samosas and some balushahi, kalakand, and pateesa. Just to taste.

Got home.. had some super yummy shalgham gosht and chawal. Then had a feast with everyone and piping hot tea :).

Post that i went into a minor food coma. And popped off to nap for a couple of hours. Post that it was wedding time. Pulled on my wedding day finery and played dress up in front of the mirror lol...

The wedding was at golf club. Golf clubs nice. Its remote and removed but it has character... a lovely drive in... beautiful lawns that held just a hint of fog... it was beautiful. And the bride was MashAllah looking very nice.. and more importantly happy :)

So me Mahira and deeno had a nice time sitting around appreciating other people's outfits and then we were off home.

A slow and sleepy day but still filled with flavors... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If it speaks to you... share back :)